Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Girl At Last

My mother-in-law, Vicki and I decorated a cake for a baby shower. I was in charge of the fondant decorations. The cake was frosted with buttercream, and then we added my fondant creations.

I took pictures of my progress.
The theme for the baby shower was "monkey." First, I cut out letters for baby blocks, and then I tried to make a monkey based off of the baby shower invitation.
The blocks all ready for assembly.
The monkey.
Here is the invitation I tried to copy the monkey off of.
Then, I molded little babies.
This represents the sweet baby girl about to be born.
Here, Vicki is piping boarders around the cake layers.
I made five little baby boys who represent the five little boys that will be big brothers to the soon to be baby girl.

A girl at last!

2 comments:

  1. W.O.W. Your cakes are so great I'd hate to cut into them after all the time and effort to make it. Bet they taste wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. AMAZING! That must have taken forever to make all those little decorations. The babies are darling. The monkey too. I just love it all.

    ReplyDelete